International Students


International students are welcome to apply to UBC Co-op Programs. Most co-op job postings are open to all UBC Co-op students, but some roles may have hiring restrictions for Canadian citizens only.

Co-op Fees

All students admitted to our programs pay the same fees, regardless of whether they have domestic or international student status. For the latest fee information, please refer to the UBC Calendar.

Work Permit

In order to legally work in Canada, international students must hold a valid co-op work permit. This permit is free of charge and the co-op office will assist you in the application process after you've been admitted into co-op.

Detailed instructions on the co-op work permit application process are on the International Student Development website.

Work Abroad

Gain International Work Experience

UBC Co-op offers exciting international work opportunities to students. Completing a co-op work term abroad can be a great opportunity to develop life skills, build self-confidence, and learn about new cultures. Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply for roles abroad.


While some employers offer relocation assistance, students are expected to cover their own relocation, visas and housing costs. Housing is not provided by employers or the co-op offices. However, we are happy to provide support with applying for the necessary visas for working abroad.

For more information on international opportunities, please visit the relevant co-op program website.