To qualify as a co-op work term, the position you’re hiring for should be:
- At least 420 hours per 4-month work term (full-time work)
- Paid at an appropriate salary for the industry and level of responsibility, as well as meeting regional or provincial/federal employment laws
- Supervised by a professional who offers mentorship and feedback throughout the work term
- Challenging, providing the student with work experience relevant to their academic pursuits and/or career development
Co-op students are available year-round for 4, 8, 12 and up to 16 month work terms* beginning in January, May, and September each year. We begin posting co-op jobs 4 months before the intended start date.
|For Start Date In||Post Jobs During|
Our timelines during the posting period are flexible to meet yours, but we encourage you to post early to ensure access to the biggest pool of available candidates.
* Different co-op programs may have varying guidelines on maximum length
Students are available from across almost every discipline:
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Business & Management
- Human Kinetics
- Land & Food Systems
To learn more, visit our Program Spotlight.