To support your ability to hire students, there are a number of funding sources you may be eligible for, through the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
Through SWPP, employers can receive subsidies of up to 50% of a student’s wages, up to a maximum of $5,000. If the student is from an under-represented group (first-year students, women in STEM, Indigenous students, persons with disabilities, newcomers, and visible minorities), the wage subsidy is up to 70% or to a maximum of $7,000.
Learn more about program requirements and eligibility through one of the delivery partners:
- Biotalent Canada
- Canadian Council for Aerospace and Aviation (CCAA)
- Electricity Human Resources Canada (EHRC)
- Environmental Careers Organization of Canada (ECO Canada)
- Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
- Information and Communication Technology Council (ICTC)
- Talent Opportunities Program
- Magnet Student Work Placement Program
- Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR)
- Venture for Canada